Chronicles Of St. Mary’s–Fox Hunt Article by Eugene Guazzo
Very interesting and thorough article about the history of foxhunting by Dr. Eugene Guazzo, Printed in the Chronicles Of St. Mary’s
Article from the 1845 edition of The Times, Port Tobacco, MD
Nov. 6, 1845 about the late Charles County Jockey Club and Racing at “Cat Pond” course, owned by Col.Limbersides of Stag Hall in Charles County.
Enlargement of article and separate notice from the 1861 edition of The Times, Port Tobacco, MD
From the Port Tobacco Times, January 24, 1861, a short article describing a horsemanship demonstration and announcement calling for mounted volunteers to drill On the Village Green in Port Tobacco during the lead up to the Civil War. Link to full page here.
Full text of Blooded Horses of Colonial Days: Classic Horse Matches in America Before the Revolution, digitized by the Internet Archive in 2012 with funding from University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill.